UPSC Prelims 2022 Notification: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has issued the notification of Civil Services Examination (Prelims) – 2022 (UPSC CSE 2022 Notification). The youth who are dreaming of becoming an IAS, IPS, IRS, IFS officer can apply online by visiting www.upsc.gov.in or www.upsconline.nic.in. The last date of application is 22 February 2022. This year 861 vacancies have been removed in the Civil Services Examination.
The Civil Services Prelims exam will be held on 5th June 2022. Along with the Civil Services, the notification for the Indian Forest Service Examination has also been issued. One has to clear UPSC Civil Services Prelims to appear in Forest Services Main exam. That is, the prelims exam of both the competitive exams will be common. 151 vacancies have been released in the Indian Forest Service Examination.
Read here 10 special things related to Civil Services Examination
1. Eligibility for Civil Services Examination
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from recognized University/ Institute. Students appearing in the final examination of Bachelor’s degree course can fill the application form. Such candidates will have to provide proof of having obtained Bachelor’s degree while filling the form of Civil Services (Main Examination).
2. Eligibility for Indian Forest Service Exam
Bachelor’s degree from a recognized Institute/University with any one of the subjects Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology. or
– Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture / Forestry. or
– Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
3. Age Limit
– Minimum age – 21 years. The maximum age should be less than 32 years. Age will be calculated from 1st August 2022. That is, the applicant must have been born not earlier than 2nd August 1990 and not later than 1st August 2001.
The upper age limit is relaxable by three years for OBC category candidates, five years for SC/ST and ten years for physically handicapped category candidates.
4. Opportunity to withdraw the application
The applicants of the Civil Services Examination also get an opportunity to withdraw the application. The facility to withdraw the application will be between 1 March 2022 to 7 March 2022. If a candidate feels after applying that he will not be able to prepare, then he can take advantage of this facility to save his attempts from being wasted. Application fee will not be refunded on withdrawal of application. UPSC had started the facility to withdraw the application after applying in 2019.
5. The Civil Services Prelims Exam will be held on 5th June 2022
UPSC Prelims exam will be conducted in 77 cities of the country. Last year, Leh was also included in this list.
6. Important Dates as per Calendar
UPSC Civil Services Examination 2022 (Prelims) notification release date – February 2, 2022
Withdrawal of Application – 1 March 2022 – 7 March
Last Date of Application – February 22, 2022
Date of Prelims Exam – June 5, 2022
Date of Main Exam – 16 September 2022
7. Number of Opportunities
The total number of chances to appear in the exam has been fixed at a maximum of 6. However, 9 opportunities will be given to OBC candidates and there is no limit on the number of opportunities for SC/ST candidates.
8. Selection Process
All the applicants of UPSC Civil Services exam have to first appear in the prelims exam. The candidates who pass it are called to appear in the Mains exam. Those who pass in Mains reach the Interview (Personality Test). The final merit list is prepared on the basis of performance in interview and mains exam. Mains Exam is of 1750 Marks and Interview is of 275 Marks.
9. Application Fee
– Rs 100. Fee has to be paid through Cash or NetBanking or MasterCard/Debit Card in any branch of State Bank. The payment option will be available during the online application process.
– SC, ST, Physically Handicapped and Female candidates do not have to pay any fee.
10. Indian Administrative Services (IAS), Indian Police Services (IPS) and Indian Foreign Services (IFS) through UPSC Civil Services, including Railway Group A (Indian Railway Accounts Service), Indian Postal Services, Indian Postal Service, Indian Trade Services Other services are selected.