The IAS exam official referred to as the civil services Examination. Here, we present all relevant UPSC Exam details for UPSC Aspirants.
|1.||IAS Exam Conducting Body||UPSC|
|2.||Mode of IAS Exam||Offline|
|3.||Number of Times||Once during a Year|
|4.||Age Restriction||21 to 32|
|5.||IAS Exam Prelims 2021||Sunday, 27 Jun 2021|
|6.||IAS Exam Mains||17 Sept 2021|
|7.||IAS Exam Pattern||Prelism(MCQs),Mains(Descriptive papers)|
UPSC IAS Syllabus
UPSC, the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), India Foreign Service
(IFS), Indian Police Service (IPS), Indian Revenue Service (IRS) have
common syllabus patterns. But there are different stages of the IAS exam
as we discussed before.
IAS Exam Pattern :
Stage 1: Civil Services (IAS Prelims) Examination (Objective Type Exam)
Stage 2: Civil Services (IAS Mains) Examination (Descriptive Type Exam)
Stage 3: Personal Interview (IAS interview)
Stage 1: UPSC IAS Prelims Exam Pattern 2021
- The Civil Services Prelim Exam has two compulsory papers of 200 marks each.
- In both papers, Multiple Choice Questions are asked.
- The Time duration for both the paper is two hours.
- The paper-1 carries with it 100 questions from General Studies and paper-2 include 80 questions from government officials aptitude test.
|Sr.No.||Subjects in Prelims IAS Syllabus||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|2.||Civil Services Aptitude Test||80||200|
Stage 2: UPSC IAS Mains Exam Pattern 2021
The second phase of the Civil Services Examination is that the Main Exam. This main exam is descriptive and has 9 papers out of those 9 papers 7 are considering for fine ranking. The Time duration for Mains is 3 hours.
|Sr.No.||Subject in Mains IAS Syllabus||Maximum Marks|
|6.||Optional Subject Paper-1||250|
|7.||Optional Subject Paper-2||250|
|8.||one amongst of Indian language in 8th schedule||300|
Stage 3: UPSC IAS Interview 2021
- After the UPSC Mains Exam candidates who qualify will have to give a Personality Interview.
- The most objective of the interview is to test the personality of the candidate that how he will handle a career in civil services by the board of competent and unbiased observers.
- To test the flexibility of the candidate and to explore the mental strength of his/her.
- This test is going to be 275 marks and therefore the total marks for the written exam are 1750. By adding both of them together it’ll sum up to a total of 2025 marks.
UPSC Exams getting postponed because of Covid-19
UPSC EPFO Exam 2021
The Entrance exam for the recruitment of an Enforcement Officer has been postponed by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). The exams were scheduled to prevail on May 9, 2021.
UPSC Civil Service 2020 Interview
The interviews of candidates for the last examination have been postponed by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
|Date of Notification||04/03/2021|
|Date of Commencement of Examination||27/06/2021|
|Duration of Examination||A day|
|Last Date for Receipt of Applications||24/03/2021 – 6:00pm|
|Date of Upload||04/03/2021|